Friday 15 July 2011

Cessation

"Yoga is the cessation of the movements in the consciousness." (BKS Iyengar)

Every morning over the past few weeks as I sit in (okay, ON) the toilet before I practice (weeing!) I have read this on a poster advertising for a workshop... as well as being fascinated by the missing E from enthusiasm so the word reads nthusiasm. Wah! My mind's attention to detail is at it's peak in my life, I reckon - a common feature I notice amongst dedicated Ashtangis.

I suppose yes. Yoga is a numbing. But it's also an awakening and a delving into the unconscious. This physical practice does something that alters you mentally...and develops you spiritually.

Finally, it's here; my last day at school. I've learned a lot about myself this year. I've changed a lot too.

I'm ready for this new chapter to be written.

1 comment: