Sunday 15 August 2010

Pop-a-blog

So I was saying to Kevin today over post practice Sunday dandelion pop that I should blog as it's been a while and I suppose a lot has occurred. I've been bitten by beach flies (or something!) and have a million (one exaggerates) bites that are itchy like HELL (one exaggerates), my body has felt weary, tired, sore..my mind; weary, tired, sore, my heart; weary, tired, sore. There's lots wrong with the grammar in that sentence! But basically, last week was a bit hit and miss. I visited my very lovely friend in her hometown and felt homesick..but had a very lovely time. Then came back to London to feel like SHIT. I went to bed. Shut myself away..which is the usual behaviour pattern. I suppose, as I was explaining this morning, I feel like I've hit a bit of a lull. I mean, I'm a very goal driven person (*official* definition of myself) and to learn that goals and striving are NOT conducive to happiness has been hard to chew. I'm also aware that with all this time on my hands during the school holidays, I'm spending too much time thinking about ME and not enough of my time is spent on others..in particular, little people. My class. With less than two weeks to go until I start my first year of teaching things will change now.

I've also been a shit person..said, done some crappy things which I regret. And I'm missing my family.

IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT ME

Today's practice was great (non-attachment!) hamstring, shoulders and knees(!) better after a massage on Friday and REST last week. Funny that I was absolutely WIRED after a mug full of fresh coffee and charged through, huffing and puffing. If my body allows it, I'd love a bit of Bikram this week.

And relax.

And breathe.

Oh Elaine..as my housemate would say.

2 comments:

  1. You have done so much in such a short time, been busy finding a job, a place to live, now its done and you have time on your hands, enjoy the rest cos the little people will be ready to run you ragged!

    Hope the bites calm down, get a zanza click, they work and stop you itching and scratching http://www.boots.com/en/Zanza-Click_228908/

    ReplyDelete
  2. More bites seem to appearing! I look horrific..all 10st 10lbs of me. But it's quite funny..especially, when I've applied to Sudacrem. Itching is a sensation I must let go of/IGNORE!

    ReplyDelete