Tuesday 14 December 2010

Devotion

When I was younger and still into my adulthood if I'm honest, I was attracted and still remain attracted to devotional living; living for something beyond my own existence. This morning, I realized that yoga ticks this box for me and still allows me to live in the real world without being segrated from society. In fact, it helps me to live better. It helps me to cope better with Life's upheavals and also to maximise the joy in it's blessings.

A week until the end of this my first term as a primary school teacher and I feel satisfied and I'm looking forward to Christmas and the start of the New Year. This is not even work to me. This, my job, is all part of my devotional practice. Life.

Exciting news: I baked my first Christmas cake last night. It was all rather perfect avec Christmas music and munching mince pies and despite the challenge of mixing by hand in a wok, measuring ingredients on a pair of old fashioned weighing scales (the ones with weights) and lack of greaseproof paper. But I can confirm that butter and a dusting of flour does the job just as well! Thank goodness. I am hopeful it's cooked(!) and I'm sure it will taste as divine as it smells.

Mundane news: I'm still looking for a new flat. I had hoped to find somewhere before I go home home (to my parents') for my Xmas break but I've let go of this want now. I will not settle for anything less than the next ideal place to roost.

Practice news: Still working on that Supta K bind. Still waiting for my toes to kiss! MWAH!

I am hopeful. Someday soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment