Saturday 1 January 2011

2011 On.

Catching up with blog reading this morning, it seems I wasn't the only yogi in bed before the stroke of midnight last night. I was tucked up for about 11pm with my ear plugs in (to block out the bangs of fireworks).

I don't feel so strongly about the impending year. I don't feel the need to reflect on 2010. I know there were great times and not-so-great times too. The important thing is knowing how I cope with life, knowing myself more and becoming more aware overall. I overheard a conversation between my yoga teacher and a student where it was said that maturing is a process of knowing yourself more and becoming more accepting. Maybe yoga accelerates this process? I think I matured A LOT in 2010.

Not all that grown up that I don't want to see my favourite DJ spin tonight at Ministry of Sound in London. Here's a taste of what I can expect (I LOVE SCRATCHING AGHHHH!) This is the Warehouse Project (which I went to a couple of weeks ago although this video is older). I don't think Ministry will be as mental as that...but it is New Year's Day! I can expect some very hyped up energy and lots of people out it. Heh. I'm pretty accustomed to dealing with that though (years of raving) and to be fair, hyped up energy is what I teach everyday in school.

I think I'm mature enough to not want to do these kind of nights all the time. Heck, I'm usually trying to keep my eyes open at 10.30 in the evening, not going out dancing 'till dawn. Those days are long gone when I had less responsibility and less awareness I suppose. I realize whilst there is a short-term buzz from being immersed in the music I love and the hedonistic vibes, they don't provide long-term love back at you. In fact, it tends to hit you hard when you go to bed the next day in silence apart from the ringing in your ears and you're alone, it's gone, it's over. Like Christmas.

But I do need the occasional night to make me feel alive. To revel in the music I adore. To celebrate life and let go of cares and woes. To feel young. To do my nails, put make-up on and feel a little bit attractive. There's hardly moments to look at myself anymore. Seeing myself in the mirrors at home in Blackburn, I saw I've changed. I'm 25. A strong young women.

2011 will see more maturity. Until then, I'm going back to bed in preparation for some serious sleep-deprivation

... You'd think I was being forced to stay awake for a week! It's only one night...and for my favourite DJ! Alas, mustn't get excited need some zzzzzzz.

Big love.

2 comments:

  1. Big Love. Hope you danced your little ass off and are all recovered now :)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I danced my big ass off! :) Great night! xxx

    ReplyDelete