Friday 21 January 2011

Close your eyes.

Wow. It feels like longer since I blogged...

Okay. So, I think this is the first time in 'that long' since I felt like/had time to think and attempt to blog about my thoughts... harr. Have no idea where this mental discussion will lead.

I moved! Woo. Amazingly settled. Great moving skills IMO *gives self a lorry driver clap* Sure you're all wondering what the hell that is... I'll leave you to wonder. Some things were never meant to be explained...just to evoke THOUGHT. Like this blog. Maybe.

Lately, I've been reading (again!) about the power of our thoughts. I can put this into practice/experimentation during practice. For example, my headstands have improved ten-fold by simply thinking "I am strong and balanced" when I'm up... More and more, I'm realizing that it's the ability to control your thoughts that makes you powerful and resilient. More and more, when a negative thought pops in to worry/scare/taunt me, I notice it and put it out. Yoga teaches me to breathe, let go, be strong, keep going through the good and bad days.

I've had so many good days this week. Tiring but good. Each one an adventure of their own. From the smiles of strangers to the kindness and thoughtfulness of my friends and colleagues, I have felt loved in London. Safe, secure and valued. I've never worked as hard in my life. A Tweet I saw a couple of days ago read, "work is love." So true. I do my best but it's a struggle and a joy.

Tonight I'm resting up. Ahimsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment