Friday 11 June 2010

Miss Perkins and Misalignment

My life not only seems like it's full of attachment but also full of CONNECTION. I connect with friends, lovers, strangers and little people LOTS. I am lead to believe that 'yoga' may be translated as 'unite' and with that in mind, Mel has become an instant best friend in my life. She is AWESOME. Maybe cos we are sooooo similar ;) but I always know where she's coming from and the coincidences between us are astonishing! And just as I wrote that she texted me. I love that I have such an amazing friend in London.. :) I am blessed.

This week has been hugely tiring..and I have been a little unsettled with worry about where I'm going to live this summer and finding the PERFECT place. Then the day I decided that I want to live in Liverpool St, I saw a place..hmmmmm. Viewing Monday.
Next week I'm back in Carlisle..which will be strange but also I'm really looking forward to seeing another very close friend (amongst others) there and tying up all the ends. Then I start my new job on the 28th for three weeks and *hopefully* move into a place. I was thinking today that after that I am going to be SO preoccupied with preparation for September that it might be nice to not work and really indulge in yoga and a kind of break. Oh my goodness, is it possible? Can I relax for 6 weeks? Can I afford to?! I'd love to dedicate more time and energy to my practice - and perhaps this is a really good opportunity. I've felt a little off balance this week so I have a craving..


3 comments:

  1. Me oh my Miss F this is soooo sweet, thank you! I feel just as blessed to have met you and can't believe it was such a short time ago!!

    AND, for what it's worth, I really think that if it's workable penny-wise, a summer OFF is just what you need & deserve. As my very wise mumma told me when I found myself in a place of unemployment 18 months ago, if like me you have ALWAYS worked (from the age of 15) it's pretty rare to get a chance to take time out to just relax and enjoy. And knowing that you have a job to begin in September there would be none of the anxiety of uh-oh what if I don't get a job...etc. I went straight into work post-Uni and can see that taking a summer for yoga & re-balancing would have been a fine way to spend the time.
    xx
    p.s. in the larger sense, can you afford *not* to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful ;-)

    Hope you can have the break, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaah thats so sweet, Mel is fun, I enjoy her company too. Take the opportunity while its there, 6 weeks to enjoy your yoga practice.

    ReplyDelete