Saturday 26 June 2010

There's no place like home


The title of this post is robbed from Miss P, after having read her most recent post about Yoga Place..which perhaps *could* be called 'There's no place like Yoga Place.' Fo sho, and I wouldn't even be there (perhaps) if it wasn't for Mel and then, (perhaps) I wouldn't have found this lovely home where I am now.

Gosh. So nearly a week since I last posted. This week has been pretty brilliant to be fair! I had an amazing few days with my closest friend up north and was 'signed off' from UCum on Tuesday, so now I'm *officially* a qualified (class) teacher (WOOP WOOP). Then Wednesday came the graduation ball. I had hoped to have the majority of my things packed for the move south that day but me being me, left it so I was just on time/slightly panicked that I would NEVER do it. Of course, I did manage it..after rather a lot of booze at the ball too. I often think that I'm superhuman in being able to do things like that..but I suppose it's now that I'm feeling exhausted and was probably running off adrenaline then. The ball was a perfect end to the year. I danced the night away without a care in the world that evening. Those times really are some of the happiest moments for me. Three hours of sleep later, I had A LOT to think about moving ALL my stuff from Carlisle to London. One wishes one had less things after packing them and now, anally unpacking them...

Then Thursday evening, I arrived at my new house and had a couple of hours to settle in before my new housemate arrived home. We stayed up a little discussing and exchanging music. I LOVE that we're both passionate about music as well as yoga. I am one content and GRATEFUL Jenny :)

Then yesterday I had an interview for some temporary work over teacher 6 weeks holidays (which I'm not paid for as *officially* my contract starts in September). I'm hopeful that the universe will provide. Wouldn't mind babysitting even..if anyone knows anyone! I just know that I need to make some cash to tide me over this summer. First thing I'm going to do when I get my first real wage is pay back debts, treat my housemate and buy myself some new specs. Then I'll probably be just about in the same broke position again until the next month haha.. I suppose it's not going to be easy for the first few months until I find my feet. Anyway, money bla bla..the universe WILL provide.

Now to the nitty gritty..my new housemate and house. J'adore.

I am home.. and looking forward to what seems like a mahoosive break from practice tomorrow at the shala! One may be a little sketchy ;) hehe.

2 comments:

  1. Rob titles from me anytime you like...especially when you come up with a better one for mine than I did!! Maybe I'll have to go & change mine now...haha!

    A practical suggestion, why don't you craft a little notice offering your services and pin it on the noticeboard tomorrow?
    Also reading this just reminded me that the day I moved to London, I too did the very-late-night/3-hours-sleep thing with very little packing preparation...I think it's all part of the process :) Who wants to be all organised & grown-up on the eve of your journey to meet your grownupness? I know I didn't :) SO happy you are happy in your new home too & can't wait to come & visit!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you. That is an EXCELLENT idea. Please point out to me where the notice board is tomorrow! Haha, it's not easy, is it?! I can't wait for you to visit. I have promised that i'll be unpacked asap but one is doing it methodically..so much so that even the coat hangers are in size order. OH DEAR. Shall see you tomorrow lovely :D xxx

    ReplyDelete