Tuesday 29 June 2010

Pathetic!


It's a terrible shame when one is rudely awoken by their alarm at precisely 5.03am to get up from a lovely, comfy bed to practice their beloved yoga and then one only makes it through standing before they lye down in savasana and GIVE UP!!!!!!

Grhhhh.

Suppose I'm just looking for some motivation/encouragement/empathy but I *really* wish I could be at the shala this morning..as I know that wouldn't happen! Instead of me getting a little warm, wishing postures away; I'd be dripping in sweat (in a pleasurable, satisfying way) not wanting my time on my mat to ever end... okay, so it's not always practice in those circumstances, exaggerating a tad. I suppose some middle ground would be PERFECT. Suppose I need more practice at self-practice and shouldn't beat myself up too much about it. Suppose it's only my second day attempting this and yesterday I DID do everything I would at YP. Suppose if I had the money to pay for a month at the shala I'd be there in a shot! But alas, this is my challenge to be conquered.

Now I have a chunk of time on my hands before I need to start thinking about what I'm going to wear for work today. Ahah, blog..let's communicate some of this frustration and then LET GO.

It's not easy hey.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,

    All I can say is just try again tomorrow. I have to practice at home all week and have recently started doing practice before work (so I can watch the world cup at night). Getting up at 5.30 (over 2 hours earlier than usual)was torture, though texts from AC, Susan,Mel and Helen helped.

    The mistake I made was expecting to do too much too soon, thinking I would have the same practice. It took me until the 3rd week until I managed my usual full Primary practice I would do at the Shala or at night before brekky. It was an organic process, getting further as the days and weeks have gone by.

    The other thing I have learned for the morning is not to set a target eg "Today I will do full primary" invariably it doesn't happen and you end up disappointed. Just get on the mat and see what happens. I started doing just standing. Breakfast tastes so much better I have to say as well.

    I have just re-read and punctuated my comment, now you are a fully qualified Miss F I didn't want to see lots of red pen and crosses all over it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kevin,

    Good try. I love the way you have made me feel like I'm not failing at something which is easy! <that's me marking btw.

    Seriously though, thank you. I was utterly disappointed with myself this morning. OF COURSE i'm going to get up and go for it again tomorrow. Funny, I texted Mel before i practiced..and she replied. LOVE how we're all buzzing about at what for other's is unknown hour of the day!

    For when I *do* have funds, I found out today that I only need to be in school for 8.30am so *hopefully* trains will work out and I'll be able to fit it all in..a full practice that is!

    Ps. I heart Maltesers..and all chocolate really! Yoga is only form of exercise (apart from walking) so really is crucial in terms of vanity too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the "measuring" mindset we all have, someone said to me once "All practice is good". Great that Mel texted you, I think its wonderful that we all support each others yogic endeavours.

    Sounds like doing a regular practice at the Shala will be a reality once term time and funds permit.

    As far as I am concerned, apart from Battenburg, chocolate is yoga fuel, it is completely necessary, as fundamental as my mat in fact!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "LOVE how we're all buzzing about at what for other's is unknown hour of the day!" - exactly my thoughts this morning!! Although Kevin I think Jen was up long before me, we weren't egging each-other on to practice, just continuing the conversation of the night before...do we ever run out of things to say?!
    I think it's tough at the moment as you *know* the shala is there, and will be a possibility, which makes this interim period before you can join in a bit trickier. But all is coming!!

    8.30am start is good news indeed as hopefully it means our practice times will even overlap a little - if I can ever get started before 7am that is!
    p.s. early savasana is not giving up - it's just a direct-line to the best bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel. I'M GOING TO BED!!!!! lol. Will text you my response(!)..may be a 10 pager hahah.

    Kevin, I laughed OUT LOUD at chocolate being yoga fuel. So true! :)

    L&L to you both xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha that cartoon cracked me up, me most mornings :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am trying to count now. I think part of the greatness of led is that it has flow and counting certainly counts towards that. I think my count now depends on if i'm in a rush..if not, I tend to throw a few of extra breaths in for good measure!

    ReplyDelete