Tuesday 6 July 2010

Love for my Mat

I've never had an attachment to my own mat, until now. My ego loves that I can see where it's worn or at least dirty! I am enjoying and taking pride in my practice and I've practically given up moisturizer to prevent my slipping. Practicing is becoming serious business ;)

I practiced am and pm yesterday..Ashtanga in the am and then free play in the evening (which I've missed). This morning though, I'm thinking of all the London yoga lads and ladies on their mats whilst I blog and eat beans on toast. I suppose accepting wanting to practice and not wanting to practice is equally as important and also, letting go of any guilt I feel for not being in Trikonasana about now... There will be a Hatha class tonight so my day won't be completely without yoga :)

More on life. I'm settling into London and work. Still looking for summer work but adamant that the universe will provide. I'm slowing down. On and off the mat I'm slowing down, no hurry, no worry (thanks Mel!). Business is laziness (thanks Amanda!)..which i suppose kinda links to why I'm not fitting in practice right now. Fitting things into life is not how I live. I would always rather do things with passion or not at all..those things are life. Deepness. Shush mind and make jokes..

Shut up and practice.

Lots of love, sweat and tears.
Mat.

3 comments:

  1. I am attached to my mat too,though I really need a new one , every time I hang it on the line I can see light through where my hands and feet go, it's getting thinner by the practice. But choosing (too much choice these days), then buying a new one, then "breaking it in" is a job I am avoiding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think that my mat is JUST about not new..and I can attribute body butter (moisturizer) to slipping all over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. No moisturiser before practice!!!

    ReplyDelete