Tuesday 20 July 2010

Words on Change

A few things have been going on recently, I'll just mention a couple here. Yoga first. I'm in full ASHTANGA mode and practicing at the shala now. Loving my teacher's discipline and CAN DO approach to everything. Everyday my body feels different and my practice is changing. I managed to bind without any help in Mari D today but not with the dodgy right shoulder unfortunately. I'm still a bit afraid of the pain but I'm sure any day now I'll get it. Not that it matters..but throwing myself into my practice is helping every other aspect of my life so it's not wasted energy. At all.

Next on the list. A realization on my spiritual path (or LIFE). There's a behaviour pattern that I need to stop. I'm not going to be specific and talk about what it is. Changing my hair, moving, new career won't change me and my habitual behaviour. Unfortunately, this behaviour is pretty unhealthy, for me and for others and I'm grateful to the person that's brought it to my attention in a way that I can swallow. I'd like to think I'm overcome some bad behaviours from my past so I'm ready to tackle this one. DEEP BREATH. Sometimes it doesn't matter how much soul searching you do, sometimes you just need an observer (who is nevertheless very aware) to point out the obvious.

I think I've developed in my practice and in life in the last few months..and I like it. Change is good and necessary for progress. As I walked into the shala this morning my teacher said, "It's a new day," and i replied and said, "yes, and I've got new hair!" Today is my fresh opportunity to change more. And as i practiced some of the deep cherry red colour of my hair sweated out onto my freshly washed mat.

No comments:

Post a Comment