Tuesday 27 July 2010

When in Doubt


SIT

I'm bursting to write this post before my thoughts are drowned.

Today was a funny old day and I knew it was from the stiff, PAINFUL practice this morning. That'll teach me for practicing on a moon day and BIKRAM at that! My teacher was not impressed.. Today was painful. Bloody Bikram's fault innit..it seems to have made me quite emotional. In this state, I can neither laugh nor cry but it's excruciating nonetheless.

After practice, I decided to go home and ditch my Bikram plans. Torturous and silly to do that when I was already aching.. Everything thereafter didn't go as planned and my mood dived. My friend that I was meant to meet for catch up and coffee was late and I was left in Liverpool St with me and my thoughts. So. I. SAT. I watched. I admired. I reflected. I spoke to my Mum. I conversed with dear friends. I made new friends. I became present. I came home to cooked dinner and a glass of wine. Where I am now. Everything is fine. Not everyday can be filled with dancing, some days are arduous hikes but then an exchange with a stranger can turn my day around. Dear, TRUE, friends old and new that love and accept me and *know* exactly when it's their turn to make me smile. Home-cooked food. Understanding hearts. Kindness.

Who says I don't meditate?

3 comments:

  1. Love this! And the moody picture too :) So glad your day turned around.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be sweating out this wine in the morning! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen you look so stern, practising for September!

    ReplyDelete