Saturday 31 July 2010

Yoga Thoughts


I often have thoughts pop into my head during my yoga practice. Not always related to anything that day or things that are on my mind. These yoga realizations aren't always profound. But realizations nonetheless and they're quite important to me.

Yesterday's realization was that I'm actually happy with my life and who I am. Ahah. Is that contentment? Acceptance? Letting go of wants and needs? I tossed out a book of 'To Do in Life' lists when I moved to London. I think that constantly striving for more, for the next thing or for some illusionary pot of gold at the end of the rainbow was probably preventing me from just enjoying where I am. Same with my practice. I am happy with where I am.

I am here. (Thank you Mel and ALL my friends).

But if I throw away my goals..how do I keep moving forward? Who makes my universe? Me or the universe? The universe provides or does it decide???

3 comments:

  1. A goal-less goal, that's the answer methinks. I "strive" to be happy & let the universe decide exactly what ingredients are needed to make up that recipe. Funnily enough happiness and contentment come when you stop trying to achieve them via other things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So the universe provides what is conducive to your happiness and you don't need to do anything? Maybe the universe presents things to you and it's your choice how you react?

    I'm still recovering from Bikram this morning! Oh my goodness, I would not wish this morning's experience on anyone..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm tricky one. I'm not sure I quite believe in things just falling in your lap exactly as you want them to, but all of this inner work that we are doing completely changes the way you respond to every single little thing. So the same circumstances could arise and dependant on how e react, different outcomes ensure. It's not even always really a choice how you react, as sometimes these things are instinct and happen too quickly to decide...make sense? I think I'm pilfering all these thoughts from a blend of Kino podcasts and buddhist books!
    Hope the recovery is swift, another one of your quick turnarounds :)

    ReplyDelete