Sunday 17 April 2011

Dating and doing daily practice...

"So how do you meet people?"
"I don't really. I mean, I go out and meet my friends but it's hard. Course, I don't wana drink so much and I need my sleep"
"How do you get a boyfriend!?"
"Ummm..."

At this point, I was probably biting my lip. Eager to change the subject away from me but he was so curious about my lifestyle. He was one of the more interesting men I had met that night. He was open. He wasn't too interested in talking about himself *(he probably had a girlfriend) and he listened *(he was trying to work me out). But I felt no attraction. The same for all of them... I just had this feeling of greater awareness. This feeling of security. I know what I want and have a good understanding of myself.

I told him I meditated. This is me. It's your choice if you wana walk away...and I have that option too. As it happens, he went to the bar and didn't come back...but it was busy, maybe that was why. It doesn't matter either way.

*the inner critic

No comments:

Post a Comment