Sunday 24 April 2011

Making Friends

A tap on the shoulder.

"Hey, I was sat next to you on the tube this morning..."

It's one of those uncanny coincidences! I was sat next to this woman on the tube on my way to Primrose Hill to practice this morning and now here we are 7 hours later bumping into each other boarding the escalator at Liverpool Street. In fact, the same happened to me yesterday when I stopped to speak to a couple riding through Victoria Park on my beloved new bike, Roma. On my way to Bethnal Green the woman complimented me on my helmet and asked where I had got it. I noted that they both had similar bikes to me. Hours later on my way back, the couple rode past me whilst I sat and basked in the sun, observing the view from the park. "Hey, nice bike," he said, "...you're the girl we saw earlier!" And we laughed.

London can be so random like that. Of all the people, it's possible to bump into each other again and even make friends. I can think of my lovely French friend as an example, whom I met on a bus back from Brixton one morning. When I think about it, now...my BEST friends, I have met in the most random ways. Lovers too. So maybe it's not just London. It's just how things happen, if you allow it. If you're open to making new friends, putting effort into conversation and you're interested in sharing experience.

I'm pretty much that type of person to make friends with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment