Monday 18 April 2011

Taking Baby Steps

"It's like taking baby steps."

That's how I described walking in Titibhasana at the second series workshop I took part in yesterday.

Sometimes, in life, you find yourself in these weird and wonderful positions and you shock yourself because you're actually able to move. To do something. To use some strength. Breathe. Momentarily anyway, until the burden on my thighs was too much and I wriggled out, suddenly reverting to that five year old that pops up when I find a posture uncomfortable. "Owwww, my thighs!"

In life too, uncomfortable situations arise. Do I take action, be brave and courageous? Or do I do nothing, sit back and hence, opt for an easy (nevertheless more frustrated) life?

In the case of Titibhasana, I gave it a go. I bound. I took baby steps, got into that uncomfortable place and I experienced the hurt.

I reckon I came off feeling stronger for taking that risk and doing something I never even dreamed of doing.

To you that thought you knew me, you don't.

I'm a firefly.

No comments:

Post a Comment